Re: [OM] OM-2 Mysterious Mirror behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 Mysterious Mirror behaviour
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:39:19 -0000

>If your mirror was stuck up for a while and "B" didn't fix it, maybe the
>mirror foam is starting to go south (not surprising for an OM2).

I've searched around in the innards of my OM-2n (serial 982xxx) and cannot
find any visible foam rubber, certainly not under the mirror. There appears
to be strips of rubber in the slots where the top and bottom edges of the
back fit into the body, but when poking them with a cut down matchstick they
seem to be of  hard rubber and they're not sticky. Did Olympus stop using
foam in the OM-2n?

I certainly found some tacky rubber in my Olympus 35RC, but the worst I've
found is inside the case of my Russian UPA-3M portable enlarger, where to
remove the components from the case was like extricating them from sticky
fly paper. At some point I'll have to replace the foam but in the meantime
I've covered it with sheets of polythene, which became immediately
self-adhesive!

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx