RE: [OM] 2-# series screens in Sweden (was: ISO 35-105 Zoom and 135/4 Ma

Subject: RE: [OM] 2-# series screens in Sweden (was: ISO 35-105 Zoom and 135/4 Macro)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:48:41 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Ulf Westerberg <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 11 februari 1999 20:09
Ämne: Re: [OM] ISO 35-105 Zoom and 135/4 Macro

>My fellow countryman wrote:
>
>>Eeehh? I am a NKOTB. At least when it comes to screens, it seems.
What is
>>THAT? A "Beattie" screen? Is it the new 2-13? If so, is that
manufactured
>>by Olympus? (There is no 2-13 in the Swedish Olympus price list.)
>
>I don't think a Beattie screen (3-rd party) is available in Sweden,
>
>men, en 2-13 skiva kan du köpa i en vanlig fotoaffär om du bara
envisas. Säg
>att det finns en sådan (det finns en 2-4 också), och du får den för
samma
>pris som en 1-13, vilket i sig är anmärkningsvärt eftersom 2-
skivorna är
>dyrare i alla andra länder.
>
>Translated:
>but, you can get a 2-13 screen in a normal photostore if you're
persistent
>enough. Tell them there is such a thing (and a 2-4 for that matter)
and
>you'll get it for the same price as the 1-13, which in itself is
remarkable
>as the 2-series screens are more expensive in other countries.
>
>Ulf Westerberg

Indeed, I can verify what you say Ulf. Thanks to your advice I was
able last year to acquire a 2-13 screen at my local Expert photo
store. They first said the same thing that there were no Olympus 2-#
series screens in the catalogue, but I just said that I wanted a 2-13
screen anyway and that I wasn't prepared to pay more than the price of
the ordinary 1-# series. Two weeks later I had my 2-13 screen, and I
think I paid some 450 SKR.

This photo store which used to be largest Olympus dealer in my area
now has very little Olympus gear. They have now some P&S only, and
they couldn't even provide a broschure of the OM2000. The dealer
himself said he didn't know of that model and admitted that he now has
very little contact with Olympus Sweden. My screen order was probably
their yearly contact with them...        :-(

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden