Re: [OM] Where to find TTL connection cover for OM-2S?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where to find TTL connection cover for OM-2S?
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:11:27 GMT
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:42:13 -0600, cbevis@xxxxxxxxxx (Cam Bevis)
wrote:

>Hello all.
>
>I don't know how it happened, but I just noticed that the screw-on cover for
>the TTL connection on my OM-2S is GONE.  Since Olympus doesn't make parts
>for my camera anymore, does anyone know if the same part from their current
>line of cameras would work, or maybe just a source for the cover?
>

>Thanks
>
>Cam

Hello Cam.

I must say that I hardly ever have seen a used OM-2S, 3 or 4
with the cover still present.

I don't think that you really need one - after all the flash shoe on
top of the camera (with the same contacts) isn't protected either, and
for all other sockets on the flashes, grips and autoconnectors there
isn't even a cap available.
It has happened only once in my long Olympus experience that a flash
went off unexpectedly because I shorted the contacts in the socket
with some keys. I had the keyring in my hand when handling the thing,
and it wasn't switched off....

But to answer your question: AFAIK the caps are still for sale, as
spares for the OM-4T and 3T. Same item.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.