R: [OM] Andreas Feininger; concave front element; loss of manual-focus

Subject: R: [OM] Andreas Feininger; concave front element; loss of manual-focus lenses
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:19:23 +0100
Nikon and Pentax users prefer buying AF offbrand lenses cause they can use
them on both manual and AF bodies. Canon and Minolta dropped their FD and MD
lines at all. Yashica/Contax users I do think try to buy Carl Zeiss lenses
only. So why manifacturing MF lenses? Olympus choice to make AF OM lenses
not compatible with conventional OM bodies was a unique marketing strategy
and most likely an error.

Marco