Re: [OM] Slightly on/off OT: Printers

Subject: Re: [OM] Slightly on/off OT: Printers
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:03:18 -0000
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx

>I have a low end Lexmark, and am leaning toward a better Lexmark, just to
keep
>the cartridges the same, if possible.

If you have a Lexmark 1000 or 1100 (where you use a black OR a colour
cartridge), the cartridges aren't compatible with the 3200, 7000, or 7200
all of which take two cartridges at a time.

I have a 7000 and although the build quality is pretty flimsy when compared
to my old HP DJ 550C, the output is superb. The cartridges are very easy to
refill too - much easier than the HP types. I  decided against an Epson
because of its built-in piezo crystal head, said to be very expensive to
replace, whereas a new head comes with each new Lexmark cartridge.

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx