Re: [OM] Teleconverters and DOF

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters and DOF
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:52:32 -0600 (CST)
Use the focal length of the combination for the formula, ie for a 200mm + 2x
use 400mm. The teleconverter magnifies the circle of confusion too.
The image degradation will effectively reduce the DOF further.
Many longer lenses, like the OM 300, 400, 600, 1000, actually have
teleconverters built into them so they will be shorter than the focal length.

Paul