RE: [OM] metering tip

Subject: RE: [OM] metering tip
From: George Conklin <gconklin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 14:18:39 -0800
Yes, that can happen.  Mostly when the video camera is set to auto
exposure.  As in film photography, the solution is to set the f/ stop for
the object of interest and turn off auto.  I have a colleague who curses
auto f/ stop on many amateur cameras.  My comment is, "That has saved many
an amateur from getting no image at all.

A good field monitor and wave form monitor are important for getting the
correct settings.

  George