Re: [OM] what is this lens hood?

Subject: Re: [OM] what is this lens hood?
From: "N.Maekawa" <maekawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:00:52 +0900
sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>I have seen a review of the OM1 at
>
>http://www.ne.jp/asahi/japan/manual-camera/om11.htm
>
>It is shown with (I think) a 50/1.8 and a metal hood.  Is this the normal
>metal hood for this lens?  I've only ever seen the rubber push-on type which
>can be used on the 35/2.8 too.  Thanks,
>
>Simon E.

I am the owner of this webpage and had to comment on this hood.
I am sorry for being late in this reply.
The hood is not olympus original hood. It is Pentax plastic hood for current
Pentax 50mm F1.7 lens. It nicely fits on olympus 50mmF1.8 IMHO.
I am sorry for being late in this reply. I have just opened mails in this
thread today.

N.Maekawa
Japan
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/japan/manual-camera/index_e.htm