[OM] the magazine formerly known as Modern Photography

Subject: [OM] the magazine formerly known as Modern Photography
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:17:17 -0800
"I fully agree with Matthias and George. It used to be different in the 70's if
you read the informative Modern Photography tests?"

The current Popular Photography is "the magazine formerly known as Modern
Photography." It has essentially the same staff and editorial policy as Modern
(not to mention the same page design).

If you feel Modern's tests are no longer of the same quality as they were 25
years ago, Burt Keppler, et al, would probably be happy to hear your opinions.

My opinion is that Modern's reviews are generally honest. My real complaint is
that Modern, et al., are quick to tell you about unreliable models only _after_
they've gone out of production.