Re: [OM] Re: Dead OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Dead OM-4
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:57:23 +1000
Hans wrote:
> Now his is interesting. I think this is the first time I've read this. If
> it's true (which it should be regarding JH's tech reputation), has it
found
> its way to the FAQ ?
> And can't caps with paint particles in the threads (isolating efect) be
> cleaned with a steel brush,  paint remover or something? And can paint
> particles have additional effect on the notorious short battery life of
the
> OM-3 and OM-4? And does it also apply to the painted caps of the OM-1(n)
> black or OM-2(n) black?

indeed!

Presumably, the only problems that can arise from bits of paint on the
threads are:
     - bad contact, leading to premature 'apparent' battery death.
     (but a quick clean up or re-screwing of the cap should fix it,
     the battery would still be ok).
     - bits of paint getting into the gubbins of the camera via the
     battery compartment (unlikely, IMHO).

Is this really such a problem? Like Hans, I would think a quick clean
of the battery cap would fix any problems.

puzzled...

     duncan