[OM] nicam update !!

Subject: [OM] nicam update !!
From: "Paul haigney" <lensman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:52:13 +0000
Greetings

I made contact with Nicam in Italy today by phone and spoke to
Nicola, the owner I think.
He informed me that he had got my email which I sent on the 15th Feb
inquiring about a 2-13 focus screen and he also said that he
would have to ship this kind of OM stuff from Japan to order, I'm not
sure if he carries bodies and lenses in stock.
My Italian is non existent but his English is quite good, however
there happened to be a guy called Howard from new Zealand in the shop
picking up a Bronica system and he acted as a translator.
The prices I checked out with him are very good but obviously Grey
imports, I don't have a problem with Grey importing as at the end of
the day the equipment is still covered by a full warranty and the
customer gets a good deal .
Some prices I got are.........Nikon FX90 pro incl MB10 grip 969euro
or 760 Ir pounds cost in Dublin 989 Ir.
OM 2-13 screen 24.79euro or 19 Ir pounds, cost in Dublin up
to 40 Ir
Fuji Velvia/Provia 36exp 4.50 euro or 3.50 Ir cost in Dublin 6.50Ir.

I did ask about used OM gear, the translator said that they don't
carry used stock but added that he deals with nicam a lot and that
Nicola is a good source of used equipment and has come up with some
hard to find kit for him in the past, just tell him what you need and
give him some time where his words.
One bad thing I can't figure out is that the shipping cost for my 2-13
screen to Dublin Ireland would be 36euro, more expensive then the
screen it's self cost's, however this 36euro postage remains the same
even if my package contained a hassleblad or a couple of OM bodies
or even 50 rolls of film.
To finish, I also told the about the interest some of the list
members have shown in nicam and that some folk did not receive
a reply to emails they sent to him.

Rgds Paul  .
Word's of Wisdom,..only make "SNAP" decisions when buying OM gear !!