Re: [[OM] OM-10 questions]

Subject: Re: [[OM] OM-10 questions]
From: STATHIS PITSINIGOS <spitsini@xxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Feb 99 10:38:19 EET
Hello dear friend,

Your OM10 cannot support TTL flash.

The extra contact on hot shoe is to have the ready indicator and auto check
indicator (the same led blinks to indicate correct exposure) in the
viewfinder.

So, your METZ is OK.

Also my opinion is that Zuiko 50mm/1,4 MC is the best normal lens because the
quality is excelent and you can find this lens with attractive price.

Of cource the manual adapter for your camera is VERY IMPORTANT and a winder is
a very nice accessory (also try to find a remote switch for your winder).

Your camera (together with 50mm/1.8) costs 235m USD (USED in good condition).

Regards from Greece

Stathis Pitsinigos

owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello List,

I am new to this list. I am currently a Pentax user and recently I got a
Olympus
OM-10.
A *must have* manual adapter and a winder are on the way. This camera's
setting
lever
is placed where it can be moved very very easily if I wind by hand, so I can't
wait to see
the winder arrives. :-)

My current system is Pentax SP-F(a dinasaur) with Tefnon 28mm F2.8, SMC
Takumar
55mm F1.8,SMC Takumar 135mm F3.5. I only have 50mm F1.8 for my OM10. I am
thinking
about attaching a normal zoom on the OM. This camera is going to fill the
place
where my
old screw mount cannot. Well, sort of.(BTW SP-F is a fine camera. Would be
great
if there
is no ditch on the mountplate. Some of my favorite lenses[Isco Westerner, CZJ
Tessar, etc]
mounts too deep into the camera.)

I saw this camera on TV ad when I was a kid. The price was competitive to the
Ricoh
XR500&1000 line. The concept of removable shutter speed dial - even though I
thought
it was not practical - caught me, you know. It must be a "fun" gadget. :-)

May I ask you questions? I have a Metz 32Z-1 Strobe, but if the OM-10 supports
TTL flash
metering capability, I may think about getting T32 or T20. Does OM-10 support
this
capability? And which high-end models (OM-1digit) supports TTL flash?

I am also interested in a portrait lenses. Any recommended lens with a good
"bokeh"
rendering? My current favorite is CZ Plannar 50mm F1.4, but an Olympus user
does
not
satisfy with Yashica/Contax cameras(Because Olympus makes the best MF SLR
:^)).

I like Zuiko 50mm F1.8, but sometimes out-of-focus portion of an image (a.k.a.
bokeh)
gets somewhat nasty.(but.. hehe... Even a 1st generation Coll Summicron 5cm
1:2
gets
nastier sometimes... I prefer slower Elmars, since newer lenses are too
expensive and I
never tried) I would like to know if the F1.4 and F1.2 variation of the Zuikos
are pretty much
the same way, or a lot better. If you are familiar with the term "bokeh",
that's
what I am talking
about. The Plannar is good but I also liked some of the non-coated triplet
type
classics like
Steinheil Cluminar/Cassar or Tokyo Kogaku Toko 75 3.5. Bokeh is very important
when
shooting portraits etc in some noisy(visually) environments(may not be that
important for
those who shoots landscapes with the lens stopped down all the way. So I don't
want
to argue with wheter it's important or not, or whatever the issues are outside
the scope
because it wont come to an agreement)

Are there any legendary Zuikos that I may fall in love with?

Thank you for any advice.

Tomoyuki Kumagai.