Re: [OM] Inexpensive wide (<28 to fisheye) lens rec - Zuiko-holic in nee

Subject: Re: [OM] Inexpensive wide (<28 to fisheye) lens rec - Zuiko-holic in need of ...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 01:29:43 EST
Rand E. writes:

> I have a sneaking suspicion that a certain lens tester, of some
>  renown, should be able to give some sort of evaluation on the newer
>  version of the Vivitar 17mm f3.5 in the somewhat near future.  At least,
>  this is what a little bird told me - I think!

Yes, but he presently has his feet up in a ski condo.  Lots of new snow, with
OLY equipment plus 4x5 in tow.  Forget the skiing - I'm going photographing.

I'll need the rest for what is coming up: a possible lens shootout with
presently untested Zuikos gathered by Olympus America employees.  Keeping my
fingers crossed that it can fill in lots of gaps.

Gary Reese
Mammoth Lakes, CA