[OM] Re: (OT) slide labeling software

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) slide labeling software
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:35:52 EST
Hi all who are interested--

I've been doing some thinking about slide organization and am looking at a
couple of software packages for labeling and making a database of slides:

*Slide Manager from SlideScribe (Image Innovations)

*CRADOC CaptionWriter from Perfect Niche

Has anyone had any experience with either of these or other (Mac) programs?

CRADOC says their labels are have a pH of 7.5-8.0 and accredited as"archival".
How about Avery or other brands of labels?  Does label glue really last?  I'd
hate to have a box of slides with a confetti of loose labels floating around
inside after five years (I've had that happen with Avery labels on boxes of
stuff that have been in storage, albeit in a crawl space, for a while.  Maybe
those labels were put on dusty boxes were to begin with, I don't know).

Opinions and comments?

-Tim Clark