[OM] When even taking photos just ain't fun....

Subject: [OM] When even taking photos just ain't fun....
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:32:05 +1100
This is going to be a bit of whinge, so the impatient among you, please
delete now....

Tonight I did a shoot for a designer making a brochure for a clothing
manufacturer - basic shots with a model against a plain backdrop - no
sweat.... until sod's law demanded that:

a) a new PC cord I bought, although I tried it at home, refused to work
between my cameras' PC sockets (OM1 and 2n) and the flash when things
counted - it eventually worked about 700f the time between my slave sensor
and 2nd flash - the last time I buy a no-name cord for a third the price of
a Hama one; it is *not* fun to lose half a roll of film that someone else is
paying for, in front of them, the designer and the model, because things
don't work...

b) the designer, being an absolute jerk, decided that he'd help me out by
going to take a finished roll out of my camera while I was pulling another
out of my bag - finished, yes.... rewound? NO! ...... I guess I'm about to
find out just how much you lose when you open the back like that;

c) the client, lovely gent that he was, decided the time was right to go
through his entire repertoir (sp?) of tasteless jokes, you know - just to
make the model feel comfortable, while he was busily interrupting with
suggestions for cheesy or bizarre poses; at least the girl and I found
common ground in being p*ssed off with him....

I'll find out tomorrow what sort of shots turn out - I'm not liking the
possibility of a reshoot, so hopefully there'll be something out of 3 (or 2
1/2) rolls

Sorry to be a bleeding heart (and a bit OT), but I needed to get this out my
system... <g>

Looking forward to happier days...

Andy
wiese@xxxxxxxxxx
ICQ# 12366792

"Egyptian pharoahs fell from the sky...
Fell from the sky, and played the blues"
                        - Transglobal Underground