Re: [OM] OM Used Market...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Used Market...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:01:16 EST
Brian writes:

> I forgot to mention one detail. All these products were in the used
equipment
> section.
>  I'm pretty sure no camera manufacturer is going to pay for advertising used
> products.

Another possibility is that one or the other or both firms are copy-catting
each other on what they list.  Shutterbug is a "dead tree" method of
advertising.  Any firm with a good turnover of used goods ought to have an
item sold by the time it gets to print.  Thus, the idea is to list higher
demand items that they anticipate they will have on hand.  If a firm is
"growing" such a list, they might have a tendency to borrow the ideas in a
competitors ad, including prices!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV