Re: [OM] Kiron 105/2.8 1:1 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Kiron 105/2.8 1:1 macro
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:51:57 EST
Seongwan writes:

<< I was offered a 35-70 and 80-200 zoom i think from Kiron as well. I have
the
same question as Hans. Who is manufacturer and do they do any OEM lenses for
anyone. This will be give a better point of reference. >>

As has been mentioned here before by others (incl. Gary Schloss), Vivitar
rebranded Kiron's (from Kino Precision Optical), among others.  The three
80-200 f/4.5 Vivitar's I've handled in the last three weeks show a good build
quality.  They are multicoated.  Only one has some minor play in the focusing
collar and has no apparent way to tighten it up.  The ring with the lens
infomation is simply glued on and seems to come undone easily.  I've not
tested them optically and don't really care to.  I bet they have published
tests from the 1980's in Modern or Popular Photography.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV