[OM] Olympus OM2n

Subject: [OM] Olympus OM2n
From: DLow358075@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:19:59 EST
Hi,

I'm new to this list, but have used olympus cameras for 30 years or so. Except
had a layoff for last 7 years, when I switched to Leica.

I am now back to the OM system, and need the following info:-

OM2n, at some point OL  modded this camera (metering and 'computer pattern' on
the shutter curtain). Is there a serial number break I can concentrate on?.
Its quicker than stripping a camera of its lens in a dealers and flipping the
mirror.

I am still using the last Olympus Camera I bought (an early OM4)from new, and
despite 10 years storage it runs well.

What are the princible differences between the OM3TI and 4TI, I note that
there is one hell of a difference in price. If I remember rightly the range
was om1 (cheap), om2 (dearer), Om4 (mortgage), OM4TI (royalty or oil Sheikh).
Does this mean that the OM3 is a higher spec body?.

And finally is there an adaptor for Leica/Contax to Olympus mount..

regards

David Low