Re: [OM] Shoe 4 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Shoe 4 problem
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:21:22 -0500
<<A common problem is the corrosion of the contacts inside the holes on
top of the 1n/2n.  This is caused by the decomposing foam that sits
between the flash bracket and the prism.
You can try to clean them but the contacts are so light (little tension)
that you almost can't tell when your touching them with that sharp
scraping tool.  Then, even if you DID clean them, they're bent so far
down that the shoe pins don't touch them anymore.

John>>

Thanks John,

I have another shoe 4 that has cracked.  It worked fine before the crack and
works fine now that I filled the hollow center with contact cement.
I know, epoxy is recommended.  I felt daring that day.  It took a few days
too dry completely.

Charlie L