Re: [OM] Careful what you wish for, part T32..

Subject: Re: [OM] Careful what you wish for, part T32..
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 07:57:18 EST
In a message dated 1/30/99 10:13:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Which brings me to another point. I was going to try bulbs but the number I
 would have to use to understand them would be significant. So, does anyone
 have info on how the F280 detects high speed sync, and what signals need to
 be sent to it? I think it gets one pin to go to high speed mode and the
 other pin to turn it on. Does it supply it's own voltage (camera provides a
 short circuit), or does the camera supply the voltage? I should be able to
 make something with opto isolators to make it work with my OM-1n. >>

I don't think you can fire an F280 with FP synch successfully. In FP synch,
the bulb is ignited shortly *before* the first curtain is released. This is
because the FP bulbs take a few milliseconds to reach full illumination. The
F280 needs to be synched immediately when the first curtain opens, because
electronic flash attains full brightness more or less instantly. If you fired
an F280 with FP synch it would shut off before the second curtain was closed.
Maybe if there was some sort of delay circuit between the camera and flash...

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI