Re: [OM] Guess That Auction!

Subject: Re: [OM] Guess That Auction!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:57:08 EST
In a message dated 1/31/99 1:38:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just for comparison, I got the really clean OM-4T I picked up from the Las
Cruces
 Camera Shop consignment case for US $295 in December.  And it included the OM
 grip, instruction book, fresh S76s, cap, and a good strap.  There are good
deals
 out there, and not just on "coyote ugly" gear.

Just about what I was saying a couple of weeks ago- E-Bay may not be the best
answer for buyers, you may do better from a reputable dealer, although for
sellers E-Bay seems to be a cash cow! Buyer beware!

* Also- * I may have been right about the OM-10 system for sale for an opening
bid of $375 that several of you wrote and defended. Last I looked there were
NO takers, it still didn't have a first bid. Maybe it would have gone if the
opener was lower, I think the $375 opening figure scared people away. Sounded
like another "fast buck" attempt.

Just my 2c
George S.