[OM] buy(-bye) Olympus?

Subject: [OM] buy(-bye) Olympus?
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:32:08 -0800
"Would the fact that Olympus has not remained a leader in 35 SLR
development, and the fear that one may be left holding the bag so to
speak, prevent anyone here from purchasing new Olympus gear?"

It depends on what you're buying. If it's more lenses or accessories to
expand the system you already own, I'd say "Go for it!" -- buy whatever
you want. Even if the OM system suddenly disappeared tomorrow, there
would still be a demand for the equipment, and you'd be able to sell
what you owned at little or no loss -- perhaps even a profit. I fully
intend to keep upgrading and expanding my OM system. (I recently bought
the 50/2 macro.)

If, on the other hand, you don't currently own _any_ SLR system, I'd be
reluctant to recommend getting into the OM system. Unless, of course, it
offered "something special" that met your specific needs (such as all
that great macro stuff).

Does this make sense?