[OM] OT English usage (was Decimate)

Subject: [OM] OT English usage (was Decimate)
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:00:31 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:44, Andras Iklody-Szabo <isza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>How about your and you're? Even seemingly literate people (with English as
>their mother tongue) don't seem to be able to distinguish between these.

I really should post this, as it is very far Off Topic, but it happens
to be one of my pet peeves, so...

How about "there" and "their", "it's" and "its", "here" and "hear",
and the list goes on and on.  English is not my mother tongue, but
it is rapidly degenerating, I feel sorry for the English (in both
senses of the word).
        -Dan