Re: [OM] OM4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:32:08 EST
In a message dated 1/26/99 5:25:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, jans@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< >From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
 >... (the
 >OM-3Ti is the only OM that can do TTL fill flash easily).

 Huh? I thought with the F-280 you could do anything on a OM-4Ti that you
 could do with a OM-3Ti. As far as I know, the OM-3Ti does not have any
 capability that the OM-4Ti lacks -- it just does it mechanically. Did I
 miss something? >>

I was referring only to normal TTL flash, not the full synchro stuff, which
the OM-4Ti is much better suited to.

Since the OM-3Ti has *only* manual shutter speed selection, you can pick a
speed slower than 1/60  to increase tha amount of ambient light. The exposure
compensation dial will then control the amount of fill flash. The OM-4Ti will
always close the shutter at 1/60, even if it detremines there is
underexposure. Now if they could only X-synch at 1/250, or even 1/125 like the
lowly OM2000....

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI