[OM] Boke(h) Non-OM but in photographic content

Subject: [OM] Boke(h) Non-OM but in photographic content
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:50:22 -0600
Thanks for keeping the bokeh note, Giles.

The word 'boke' is written in kata-kana.  I therefore ASSUME this
expression (as a word) was 'imported' to Japan presumably after 1867.
It maybe, like Andras say, adapted from French.  The Japanese 'modern
and intellectual society' went into 'cultual transformation' after
the Shogun era ended and tried to absorb cultures and politics mainly
from Spain,  Portugual, and the Great Britain.  The cultual/language
adaption from the West kept continuing (except during WWII) even
today.

I am not a Japanese linguist or an ethonologist.  Maybe other member
of this group have better  explanation.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa,  Dallas Texas USA