[OM] MD2 cover - the saga concludes

Subject: [OM] MD2 cover - the saga concludes
From: JohnGardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:20:59 -0000
Paul (Laughlin) et al

I have in my grasp a cover for an MD2 opening in the base plate of an
OM1/2n. Its is shiny and black and new, with two little bayonets to clip it
in place.

In my lunch break today I went into a tiny camera shop in Halifax (UK not
Nova Scotia) where I often go to chat to the old boy about things
photographic. He's a font of knowledge. Anyway his mate (also in the shop)
says they have a customer with a load of Oly gear for sale and apparently
its better than mint and would I be interested. I said yes (though I'm not
in the market for anything but I'm sure the list members are) and this
prompted me to ask if he'd any T20 auto conectors - its the kind of shop
that might have a new one lurking somewhere - as I know there's folks on the
list wanting them.

He pulled out a draw from behind the counter which had a label bearing the
word Olympus. Inside the draw was a load of odds and ends for Oly gear,
including Olympus filters for the Pen E series - yellow, orange etc - a few
focusing screens and lots of little bags with spares in. No T20 connector
though but there was a little plastic bag with FIVE spare bayonet covers
(all black) for OM2n sockets.

I paid him 50p (about $1.10) for one and its on its way to you if you send
me your address. Only four remaining folks - get 'em while you can. I'll
post the Oly gear to the list if the seller contacts me.

Regards

John.
John Gardner
Project Leader
IS Strategy & Contingency Planning
X30697
Mobile 07887 627005
 01/25/99 13:21:42
Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.
Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG.
Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes
of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.
The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.