Re: [OM] More eBay madness!

Subject: Re: [OM] More eBay madness!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:26:23 EST
In a message dated 1/23/99 10:33:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, WILLSJ@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< I bought a OM-2 that "didn't work" for $65 and all it needed was new
 betteries.  The deals are there if you can read between the lines. >>

Yes, there ARE deals out there, but there are also unfortunately non-working
cameras being sold as working cameras, and when you contact the seller (he's
halfway around the world, he says: "I don't accept returns") !? As I was
recently told by a seller in the Netherlands. (At least it was a relatively
small amount of money involved).

I don't think I'll buy any big ticket items on e-Bay anymore unless I know the
seller.
The fast-buck people will ruin e-Bay, I'm more convinced each day.

You did good with your OM-2. Reminds me of when I was in a camera store once
and noticed a MINT Leica CL with lens that had a low price tag on it. This
camera was Perfect, Custom Leica case included. too. I asked to see it, and
the salesman said the camera needed repair, the meter didn't work. He then
pointed it at the ceiling light, banged it on the palm of his hand and said:
"See, the meter doesn't move." I quickly purchased the camera and quickly left
the store. ( This was normal, as the meter doesn't actuate until you move the
winding lever out a bit.)

Rgards,
George