Re[2]: [OM] potential new addition to the stable

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] potential new addition to the stable
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 02:22:54 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:23:01 -0600, dhurley@xxxxxxxx jammed all night, and by
sunrise was overheard remarking:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:34:39 -0700 mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Stoesz)
> writes:
> >I appears that I may be adding an OM-G to the stable of OM's.  Are
> >they animprovement over the OM10?

> I've had an OM-G for a number of years, use it as a backup body when I
> can get it away from the kids.  Is it better than the OM-10?  I think so.

Yup. I have an OM-G as a second or third body, as well. In other
countries, it's called the OM-20, which would tend to make you think
it's an improvement over the OM-10. I suppose the obvious improvement is
the traditional manual speed dial around the lens mount, where the OM-10
needs the add-on speed control to offer manual control.

>  Don't have to mess with any manual adapter and works with the
> motordrive.  Downside-- no dedicated flash at this level.  Have not had
> any problems with it mechanically or electrically.  I think this little
> body is often under-rated.

I think so. Routinely, OM-10s go for more on e-bay than OM-Gs. I don't
really know why, unless maybe the OM-G is just not well known. Or crazy
people are buying stuff on e-bay...

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One