Re: [OM]Nature Photography Question

Subject: Re: [OM]Nature Photography Question
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:49:39 -0500
At 08:10 PM 1/22/99 +0000, you wrote:

>Hah!
>
>I have seen some superb nature shots taken by pros and published in
magazines which
>I believe were set up - in that the 'wild' subject must have been in a
cage or
>enclosure.
>
>Giles
>
>Denton Taylor wrote:
>> Isn't some of this stuff (baiting etc.) considered bad form?

Yeah, and I know that many are taken on 'game farms' are places that rent
out animals to movies.

Actually, that's ok, cuz they can't be considered 'wild'.

I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with reading about the various ways
to harrass wild animals. I'm not talking about sitting in a blind, but
baiting, calling, etc. Seems that they should be left wild and that contact
with humans renders them less wild, and in the case of large animals,
dangerous.

And I ain't no friggin' animal rights nut... my wife has a mink coat, my
daughter has a shearling coat... wouldja believe I wear <gasp> leather
shoes AND I'm having roast beef tonite???

But when I go out in the wild, I treasure the unexpected encounters with
wild animals, and wouldn't dream of chasing them around to get photos...

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com