Re: [OM] camera cleaning question

Subject: Re: [OM] camera cleaning question
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:59:59 EST
In a message dated 1/22/99 3:36:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, mediadyne@xxxxxx
writes:

<< there seems to be a few dust specs when I look through the viewfinder of my
4T that dont show up in
 the photos. I tried looking at the mirror, and there is nothing there.
 Does anyone have any idea where these could be and how to get rid of them?
 I have heard its not good to use high pressure  air cleaners inside the
camera.
 and they are not in the outer area of the viewfinder either.
 They arent a big deal, just a little annoying. >>

The specks are probably on the focusing screen, directly under the pentaprism.
You can remove the screen by pulling forward on the little tab at the top of
the mirror box, just inside th elens mount. There has been some discussion
regarding cleaning screens here lately, you may want to review it. If all you
have is dust specs, a puff of air (from a blower brush or something) is
probably all it needs.

Good Luck!

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI