Re: [OM] OM-2n shutter speeds - retest

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n shutter speeds - retest
From: JNVS44B@xxxxxxxxxxx (MR THOMAS N CURLEE)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:08:02, -0500
John:

I'm fairly sure it's not the auto/manual switch.  That was my first
thought so I removed the top cover and used a cotton swab and contact
cleaner to carefully clean/lubricate the switch.  Also, the camera
looks very clean, with the switch moving cleanly without any obvious
'goo'.  I find it interesting that I can clear the problem every time
by simply removing the lens cap and pointing the lens at a light bulb.
  It acts like some part of the camera circuitry needs a node to be
charged or discharged, which the internal photocells are doing when
exposed to bright light.  I've seen similar problems when parts were
left out of a prototype breadboard.  Whatever is causing the problem
is not a 'hard' failure but something that can be changed by the
light current of the photo diodes.

Could a bad or leaky switch cause the interaction of modes?

Tom