[OM] OT EMO and Leica loupes

Subject: [OM] OT EMO and Leica loupes
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:37:56 +0200
Hello all,

I have a question concerning the new Leica loupe with five time
magnification. When I have read, that this loupe has a cemented achromat, a
negative element and a great positive field lens (these are four elements
in three groups), I thougt that this is exact the same construction as the
famous EMO loupe (Macromax 5x). Because my favourite company Leica
sometimes sells strange products under its label (lately the Fuji 1,5
magapixel camera), I was wondering, if they also sell the Macromax loupe
with a new outer finish. Does anybody knows something about this ?

Matthias