Re: [OM] Dating a 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Dating a 24/2.8
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:36:09 EST
In a message dated 1/16/99 6:39:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< TO ADD to this I have a Black Nose 24/f2.8 S/N171478 which is an H.ZUIKO
and
 does not say MC. So going by your info it is probably SC.  But boy does it
 take great photos!  >>

To verify if the lens is MC or SC, look at the reflection of a point light
source (like a bare bulb) and check the colors of the reflections. Generally,
if there are any green reflections, the lens is MC. On some lenses, like the
50/1.8, the green color is very subtle.

I have no doubt that an SC 24/2.8 takes great photos! The coatings have little
affect on sharpness, and only help with contrast and flare under certain
conditions. I think all of us on the list make too much of the SC/MC issue. I
think we find it interesting mostly because Olympus made it so difficult to
figure out!

Paul