Re: [OM] More ebay madness!

Subject: Re: [OM] More ebay madness!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:57:47 EST
In a message dated 1/17/99 9:22:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, lindertv@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< Instead of starting an auction himself (which he should pay commission
 for) he contacts bidders directly, whose addresses he's taken from
 their system. Because this happened in a more or less automated way
 (standard email content) I think it is very close to spamming and told
 Jan in my conversation with him. But of course some of the bidders
 will be happy with Jan's offers too - I can understand that. >>

I personally disagree. While my first reaction to a similar offer from an e-
bayer was "how dare they assume I'd be interested in their items" after
thinking it over I calmed a bit and realized he was just yes, trying to sell
some items, and what if I WAS interested in the items? It would have also been
beneficial to me for saving me 10 days of bidding and counter-bidding. It's
not spamming or anything close- we can just delete it, or send a reply to
cease and desist. Yes, it is a bother somewhat, but a lot easier than trying
to contact someone who sent you an unwanted "snail mail".
I ordered from one seed company two years ago, and now in mid-January I have
just thrown my 10th catalog  from 10 different companies away. THAT's
annoying.

George S.