Re: [OM] OM3Ti sales question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3Ti sales question
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:58:54 -0500
Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Garth Wood wrote:
> At 04:48 PM 1/14/99 +0200, Alexander wrote:

> >disturbing thing I noticed is that in B&H's photo site, under 35mm cameras
there
> >is no listing for OLYMPUS...
>

>> No, there's no Olympus listing on B&H's website (a failure in my opinion
>Come to think of it again, I noticed there was no Leica listing either.
hmmmmmmm?
>a coincidence?

I don't think so.  Leica and Olympus are in the same league, as far as the sales
go.
As far as B&H is concerned, they must do better with Olympus than Leica, given
the number of lenses they list for Olympus.  Adorama Camera in its catalog lists
more Leica R lenses than B&H in its monthly newsletter.

I checked a Japanese counterpart to B&H on their web site to see how they are
handling.  Previously there was nothing of Olympus cameras in the manual-focus
SLR section. Now I saw the OM2000 with/without a lens is listed.  They must sell
pretty well as it said their stock was low.   B&H has better prices for the
OM2000.

BTW, I also checked their Olympus digital camera listing.  Yodobashi's price
for the new Camedia 1400XL (620L in the US) is pretty good, I calculated about
$748, with an exchange rate of 120 yen to the dollar.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/