[OM] Re: Using Gray Card was / Spot Meter

Subject: [OM] Re: Using Gray Card was / Spot Meter
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 01:27:33 EST
< FWIW, you don't have to have your lens in correct focus to measure a "gray
 card".  As a matter of fact, several manuals I've seen say to de-focus the
 lens to eliminate any "dings" in the card. You just have to ensure that the
card is lit by the same light as your subject.
  Rgds,Dave >>

Thanks to Duncan & Dave for setting me straight on this.  I assumed one needed
to have a clear lens to get a correct reading from the camera meter.
Interesting, an unfocused lens does not change the amount of light coming
through....Hum?
Thanks for the tip.
BW