[OM] Re:Converting Fahrenheit to Celsius

Subject: [OM] Re:Converting Fahrenheit to Celsius
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:57:54 EST
HI All,
For those lucky non USA (metric)folks, who are wondering why we crazy
Americans dreamed up our own temperature scale, you might check out the
following site.
Just to clear up some recent discussions
-20 degrees Celsius = -4 degrees Fahrenheit.
-20 degrees Fahrenheit = -28.9 degrees Celsius
As pointed out, the two (C&F) come together at -40 degrees.
There is a pretty good table / conversion @
http://www.athena.ivv.nasa.gov/curric/weather/convert.html (Note: 2 v's not a
w at athena.ivv)
BW