Re: [OM] OM Pricing was Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Pricing was Be careful what you wish for...
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:05:32 -0500
>>Now I don't know whether the Nikon FM-2 is made in Japan or not, but even
among
the Olympus product lines, the price-competitive P&Ss appear to be produced in
China while the OM system equipment is still produced in Japan.  I doubt that
the Olympus management would want to export the manufacturing of the OM series
bodies and lenses to China.>>

Tomoko, I think there may be a simpler explantion. It may just be that the
volumes of the OM line are so small that it does not pay to move the
machinery and train the workers. IOW, start-up costs of moving the line are
greater than the cost savings realized.

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com