RE: [OM] EOS 3 has multi spot!!!

Subject: RE: [OM] EOS 3 has multi spot!!!
From: "Sean Chan" <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:30:27 +0800
Cc: <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
> I just read a review of the Canon Eos3 and to my amazement I
> found that it has multi spot capabilities. I dont know about most users,
> but this is the feature I use most on my OMs. In fact, when using other
> cameras, I take individual spot meterings and then manually calculate the
> right value.
>
> I never liked Canon's cameras, but finaly, someone woke up and used such
> an excellent feature! I almost bought a medium format Rollei camera
> beacause of this feature, but found it too expensive. The multi spot
> metering and the size/quality factor is what made the OM4Ti the legend it
> is today IMO.
>
> Leica!!! Are you listening!
>
> - --
> Regards,
> Alexander
>
> http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos

Yes and this is one of the reasons why I bought the EOS-3. It's multispot
is a nice feature. Unfortunately (maybe I'm too used to the OM-4Ti), the
EOS-3's multi-spot is "harder to read". As you spot, it is shown in the
viewfinder compensation scale as a mark (i.e. range is +/- 3 F-stops in 1/3
in/decrements). So it doesn't actually tell you in shutter/aperture values
but you have to calculate mentally what readings the spot has taken it at.

The absolute average values (shutter/aperture) though are displayed at the
bottom of the viewfinder, and the exposure compenstation scale is based on
that.

If you have any further queries on the EOS-3, please feel free to ask me.
However, I will be stating my views from an OM-4Ti perspective 'cos I still
feel more comfortable with the 4Ti.

Sean
--
Sean H.Y. Chan (sean@xxxxxxxxxx)