Re: [OM] OM-2S vs. OM-4, was: End of the OM-2 line

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S vs. OM-4, was: End of the OM-2 line
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 17:09:36 +0000
At 10:51 07/01/99 EST, you wrote:
><<BTW, I know the shutter sound of my OM-2SP, but in what way is the
> OM-4 sound different? Which is the most quiet? My guess is the
> OM-2S/P. >>
>
>Subjectively the OM-4 is quieter. In my opinion, the OM-2S makes more of a
>"ker-chunk" kind of sound, compared to the OM-4's "klunk".

My OM-2SP's shutter makes a smoother, longer sound than my OM-4.  It's
almost slurred, whereas the 4 is a sharp clunk more like a 1.  To my ears
the 2SP is quieter.   My OM-10, OTOH, sounds (and feels) like something
heavy has fallen off inside ;-)  Compared to the others, it's a really
crude sort of sound, but it works fine.

I've never had a problem blocking the viewfinder illumination window on the
2SP, but I did notice the first time I used my 16mm *and* a winder, I could
see my fingers in the edge of the frame if I wasn't careful....

Richard