Re: [OM] Just how extensive is the T- Series? (brought on by seeing my f

Subject: Re: [OM] Just how extensive is the T- Series? (brought on by seeing my first ...
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:48:17 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:31, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:
>In a message dated 12/27/98 4:33:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

><< I can even see a narrow opening about
> 1 mm between the upper and the lower part of the flash body.
> It goes all around the body except at the back. The two
> halves of the body seems only to be firmly pressed together
> for a few mm on both sides of calculator panel. Is this
> narrow opening normal? Maybe something is missing?  >>

>I can recall several years ago owning a T-20 that the two halves seemed to
>move apart a few mm as time went by. I don't know if it was from age,
>dropping, temperature extremes, or what, but it never failed me.

>Happy New Year everyone.
>George S.

I just got back from a trip to the East Coast (of the US) and saw this
thread.  Interesting enough, while on the East Coast, I dropped my T20
onto the sidewalk.  Now the calculator panel will not stay in, and the
two halves seemed to have a gap between them.  I don't know if the
flash is working properly (haven't developed the film yet), but at least
it still fires.

So what is the best way to fix a dropped T20?  Is there a way to open it
up and screw the halves back together?  Is there a way to test the "auto"
setting of the flash?  Any comments are welcome.
        -Dan