Re: [OM] "pro" metering?

Subject: Re: [OM] "pro" metering?
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 12:01:40 -0800
William Sommerwerck wrote:

> "To me multi-spot metering seems more "pro" than any "don´t worry about
> it" matrix metering."
>
> It depends on how you define "pro" <grin>.

<SNIP>

> Remember that the multi-spot metering in the 4/4T is not a "pro" feature
> -- it is a "creative" feature.

I think it's both, but we're splitting hairs.  I came across the 3/88
issue of Pop Photo yesterday.  In it is a 2 page Oly ad, showing the
Infinity Jr, Infinity, Om-77 and OM-4T.  They describe the 4T as
"designed to meet the meticulous needs of the professional photographer.
So it features the highly functional Multi Spot Metering ..."

George

PS: The mag also has a mini review ot the then-new OM-88, under the
banner: "SLR Power Focus: Is it taking over?" I guess we know the answer
to THAT!