Re: [OM] Four new pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Four new pictures
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 14:29:48 +0100
Hello Matthias,

I´ve many questions regarding your Rubinar 500mm.

You wrote:

> The Zuiko 500mm mirror I don't know,too, but somewhere there was a
> comparison here in the Internet, where it was the best with regard to the
> contrast (both the Sigma 600 and the rubinar were not in this comparison).

The sample images look indeed very contrasty, is this mirror lens realy
this good or is this the result of using Velvia and digital enhancement?
Did you compare it also agains Zuikos?

> The DOF is indeed smaller than with equal long focal lengths and apertures
> with "refractors". This is because the central aperture leads to an greater
> diameter of the front element. With 500mm and 1:5,6 this effect is extrem,
> but you can play with it.

Has the lens realy an aperture of 5,6 or this an T(ransmission) value of
5,6?
The meter inside an OM wouldn´t mind, they just meter the effective
entering light at open at full open aperture regardless of the aperture
value.

Did you get filter with the lens, are they for the (big) front thread or
of the smaller rear mount variety?

Is there a lens shade? I once tested on 300mm mirror lense, which did
benefit from an (selfbuild) lensshade.

Regards

Richard