Re: [OM] Camera store visit

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera store visit
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 16:17:19 +0100
Marco wrote:

> And it can do all that a 4T does, and even a bit more...

> >From: GMA <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >Other observations: I saw an F5 on display.

And can it multi-spot metering?

The single-spot metering is somewhat crude too. The analoge bar graph is
very small and coarse. 1/2 stop "precision" and only +- 2 stops range,
more like OM2k standard and not that of an +$2500 camera.
In fact the F5 is somewhat the climax of contemorary P&S cameras. Normal
P&S have not enough "brain", they rely on the capabilities of modern
print films.

To me multi-spot metering seems more "Pro" than any "don´t worry about
it" matrix metering.

> > At first I mistook it for a
> >cinder block painted black. Jeez, that thing is HUGE.

As Maitani already pointed out in his patent to the OM-1 and OM-2:
"Among cameras of such type a 35mm single lens reflex camera using 35mm
film is particualy demanded to be as compact as possible and have a
smart apearance."

Regards

Richard