Re: [OM] OT: play around with lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: play around with lenses
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 00:30:55 +0200
>Matthias;
>
>I forgot to ask you in my msg about the lion shots:  What exactly is the
>Olympus equipment you used for the chip shots?  Microscope or what?  Thanks
>
>george

The chip was photographed with an Olympus CH microscope. The optics were
the 2 x S-Plan Achromat Fl (Fluorit) lens and the photo eyepiece NFK 2,5 x
. The light were three different coloured glass fibre spots. The problem
is, that these scans are somehow disappointing when compared to the
original slides (taken with Velvia as the lion pictures, too). Of course,
the lion pictures are reduced in the scanned files, too, but they show the
impression of the slides, the scanned chip pictures do not. Perhaps it is
because I have scanned with 8 bit rather than 12 bit colour depth.
Matthias