Re: [OM] Digital camera lag

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital camera lag
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:50:33 -0800
Regarding the first lag - focus/shutter/shoot - all the models I have tried
(a dozen or so) show this characteristic.  Some worse than others, but it is
there.  The second lag - downloading from capture buffer to permamnent
storage is present in all models.  At the high end of the range the makers
provide large buffers, as mentioned, to simulate continuous shooting, but
the limit is reached fairly quickly.  The highest capacity I'm aware of is
12, with the Kodak DCS-520.  A 12 image burst is pretty good.  At the lower
to mid range, it is a one at a time operation.  My D300-L will not operate
until the transfer operation is complete - about 6 seconds.  At least the
newer models are getting a lot faster.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"