Re: [OM] Zuiko Colour/Color rendering

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Colour/Color rendering
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:29:11 -0800
I would agree that film selection has a greater impact on color rendition
than a lens' coatings - for a given lens.  Years ago I took a long
backpacking trip through the Laural Highlands region of western Pennsylvania
in the fall.  The leaves were near peak and the weather, thankfully, was
pleasant.  At the time I had a Pentax Spotmatic with the Takumar SMC normal
lens, an ancient Soligor 135mm SC and a Tamron 28mm MC.  I shot all E-6
slides.  The color shift, within the same scene but shot with different
lenses, was a significant eye-opener for me.  Until then I'd never much
thought about it.  That was also the single most important lesson that
convinced me to stay with the manufacturer's lenses.  From one lens to
another, in particular Zuikos, the color shift is indeed very small.  The
only times I see any real difference is with the few SC lenses I have.  Even
then, its not a huge difference, and is only apparent when I have a "same
scene" with a different lens to compare to.  For those who have Nikon or
Canon, in addition to Olympus (and will admit it <g>), perhaps more insight
can be shared.

.....tossing another log onto the campfire to roast marshmallows by......
John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"

Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx> posed the question: