Re: [OM] OTF and Films

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF and Films
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:43:14 +0100
Foxy wrote:

:Actually, the only OM that did this (kept shuuter open if not enough light
:from flash) was the OM-2. All other auto cameras will go at 1/60.

Yeah I know and I also know you can emulate this behaviour on the 2n by
taping over the flash ready contact (something that doesn't work on the
OM-4, btw, at least not on mine). But this facility obviously isn't intented
for creative mixed lighting setups, but to save pictures that would
otherwise have been underexposed because you didn't supply enough flash
power for the given distance or extension and the selected aperture. In such
cases it is better to add more flash power or to open up the aperture. For
creative lighting, IMHO, abandon OTF and go for manual or Normal Auto.