Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??

Subject: Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:07:59 -0800
>From: PCACala@xxxxxxx

>...  Reminds me of the guy price heckling
>me over the OM-3Ti.  "But I can get this for $1295 out of NYC," is his remark.

Yea, I called that place. (Cambridge? Smile? Abe's? Forgot.) Their reply:
"We'll bill your credit card, then we'll order it from Olympus for you."
Yea, right. I didn't find a single OM-3Ti in stock when I did my price
research.

>... His rejoiner: "They are as low as $395 at
>camera shows."

My rejoiner to such BS: "You lucky guy -- great deal! Snap it up
immediately!" That usually shuts them up in a way that doesn't make me look
bad.

Another, not so friendly rejoiner: "Bring me proof of that price and that
the condition of the camera matches this one, and I'll match that price."
Again, they shut up and move on.

I have no argument with folks who don't mind banged-up stuff at lower
prices -- heck, I AM one of those folks -- but have little patience for
those who expect mint stuff at banged-up prices. Who do they think they
are, Doris Fang? :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229