Re: [OM] Info on OLY MPUS  ES-10 scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Info on OLY MPUS  ES-10 scanner
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 07:35:05 -0500
John Hermanson wrote on Monday, 14 Dec 1998:

>Does that mean that the ES-10 SCSI version that I'm using is for Windows
>only?
>It does a full scan in about 30 seconds.
>Chris Barker wrote:
>
> JxJ
>> The ES-10 will not connect except with a parallel connector and it comes
>> with Wintel only software; this might have been a clincher for not buying
>> for your wonderful Mac.

No, the ES-10 comes in two versions according to a brochure from Olympus
America. The parallel version is for Win95 or Win3.1 (hardwarewise 486/33 or
higher, i.e.Pentium 75 or faster).  The SCSI version requires Mac OS 7.1 or
later or Win95. The hardware requirement of the SCSI version for the Mac is the
PowerMac with 68040 or higher CPU.  The PC requirement includes an ASPI
compliant SCSI host adapter.

There is a review of the ES-10 at:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ES10/ES10A.HTM

Tomoko Yamamoto